Saturday 14 November 2009

Abseiling in Fernkloof (Magaliesberg) Nov 2009



Day 1 (14 Nov): Gordon arrived at my place at 06:30 and the three of us drove through uneventfully to Bergheim. After paying we walked up to the bottom of the kloof. Climbing to the top of the bolted climbing routes, I set up my single static rope to have two separate single lines on two separate anchor systems. I then belayed Nicola on one quick abseil before Gordon did one on his own. Then I abseiled with Nicola on a self belay – the self belay was very tight and twice on the way down I had to help her move the prussik knot. In all, Nicola did 3 abs, Gordon 4 and I did 2. It was hot with thin high altitude cloud cover – ideal burning weather. By 11:00 we had enough, walked back out and then drove to Treetops, over Breedsnek with the Xtrail and then to Jasmyn farmers market and over Hartbeespoort dam wall. A fun day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment